Anyone is invited to join the RCT&HS. As a member, you’ll be actively supporting the only historical society dedicated solely to the Reading Railroad. Numerous benefits and group activities are offered such as:
- A monthly “Crusader” newsletter
- A quarterly “Bee Line” historical journal
- Discounts on Reading-related merchandise
- Restoring and maintaining our collection of equipment and artifacts
- Staffing our museum
- Riding our excursions
- Trips to other museums and excursions
- Hiking expeditions along the Reading Lines
- Helping with model displays
- Fund raising
We also hold a monthly meeting as a social gathering for the membership with lively discussions about Society projects. The business portion of the meeting is usually followed by a program of slides, movies or a speaker. We welcome your participation young and old!
- “For purposes of record keeping, the membership year shall correspond with the calendar year, regardless when dues are paid.”
- “New members joining in November or December shall have their dues applied to membership in the following year, and will receive no privileges of membership afforded members during the current year other than to attend Society meetings and functions.”
- “Members whose dues are not paid by March 1st will be dropped from the roster”
Membership Classes & Dues
Meetings begin by covering Society business and usually conclude with entertainment in the form of slides, films, videos, or a guest speaker. Additional business meetings of the Executive Board are held as needed.
- Individual, $35 per year ($45 outside USA): Benefits of membership include subscription to the “Bee Line” quarterly magazine, monthly issues of the “Crusader” newsletter, voting privileges at Society meetings, and significant discounts on items at our museum store. Sign me up!
- Family, $43 per year ($53 outside USA): Provides the same benefits as Individual Membership, but only one copy of “Bee Line” and “Crusader” issued. (husband/wife, father/son, etc.please list all names) Sign us up!
- Contributing, $55 or more per year: Provides the same benefits as Individual Membership, plus one complimentary copy of RCT&HS calendar and first class postage on all mailings. Sign me up!
- Sustaining, $100 or more per year: Provides the same benefits as Individual Membership, plus one complimentary calendar, your choice of one color or two black and white photos (8" x 10" glossy) from the RCT&HS photo list, and first class postage on all mailings. Sign me up!
- Corporate, $150 or more per year: Provides the same benefits as Individual Membership, plus one complimentary calendar and a monthly listing in the Crusader. Click here to learn more | Sign our business up!
- Full-time Student, $15 per year: Provides the same benefits as Individual Membership. Sign me up!